I messed up and got myself spoiled.
And I did it, in my own opinion, in a super painful way.
I’ll try to keep everything spoiler-free.
Here’s a timeline/order of events.
- Stumbled onto Saekano, short for Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata and A.K.A Saekano: How to raise a boring girlfriend
- Binge-watch said anime, season 1 and season 2 episode 1 (the latest aired episode)
- Afterwards, still having saekano cravings, find other adaptations of the light novel.
- Read manga versions until chapter 24.
- Discover that there is a jump in chapters (different translators) and end up reading chapters 40 and 41, resulting in a 16 chapter jump. This would’ve been bad enough considering what happens in chapter 40 and 41, conflict and betrayal (in the characters own words).
- A short while passes. Season 2 episode 2 airs. Watch that episode.
- Come to the terrible realisation that it ends at the same point as the chapter 24 in the manga. But, there’s 16 chapters.
- AAAAURRRRGHHHHH. It’s either going to end showing only the relationships breaking down resulting in the conflict or a cliff-hanger ending with the conflict. AUUUURRRRGGHGHGHGHG.
Actually no, I got spoiled on character deaths in grimgar too.
And found out that the Keijo manga is getting axed.